reinim19 wrote:Is it possible to define these "strange" characters by their UTF-8 code instead?
No, that is not possible. "#C384#C39C" inside the macro would result in searching for exactly that string.
I have encoded the UTF-8 characters as follows:
- I have unchecked at Configuration - File Handling - Unicode/UTF-8 Detection the setting Auto detect UTF-8 files and also the 2 UTF-8 settings at File Handling - Save.
- Then I have opened a new ASCII/ANSI file and entered 1 ANSI character per line which I wanted to replace later with the macro and saved that ANSI file.
- Next I have used File - Conversions - ASCII to UTF-8 and saved this file too with a new name.
- I have closed that UTF-8 file and opened it again via the recent file list. Because UTF-8 detection is disabled, UltraEdit has loaded it as ASCII file.
- I have used again File - Conversions - ASCII to UTF-8 to convert the UTF-8 codes to Unicode and saved and closed that Unicode encoded UTF-8 file again.
- Because UTF-8 detection is still disabled, opening the file again via recent file list has resulted again in loading and displaying it as ASCII.
- Last I have changed the 3 configuration settings back to what I normally need.
Now I have had the characters for the edit macro dialog. And with the first saved file with the ANSI characters which is the reference between ANSI character and Unicode encoded UTF-8 characters I could write the macro.