I have a unique problem that I'm hoping you all have seen before and been able to work through. On one of my Windows 2003 Servers with SP1 I've set up a scheduled task that calls a script that checks for the presence of a file, if it sees the file it calls UE to open the file and run a macro against it (UE <file> /m,e="<macroname>"). The task is set up to run with an administrator level id. If I run the script logged in as the user set in the windows scheduler task, everything runs perfectly. If I log out and the script runs it appears that the script runs normally but the file isn't processed. If I open up task manager I can see numerous copies of UE that started but apparently hung.
Short summary, scheduled task works fine with user logged in but fails with UE hanging when user not logged in. It sound like a permissions issue but I'm not seeing what I'm missing.