Well, UltraEdit is a text editor and not an FTP client application. Therefore it does not have functions to import / export just the FTP account settings as an FTP client application has.
But UltraEdit has in menu Advanced
the commands Import Settings
and Export Settings
for transfering all user customizations from one account or computer to another account or computer. But these 2 commands are mainly for transfering the settings between same versions of UltraEdit and not for settings of completely different versions of UltraEdit.
Further the menu Advanced
contains also the command Backup/Restore User Customizations
for saving and restoring user customizations for an account. For further details see also Export/Import Settings vs Backup/Restore User Customizations
Long time ago (before above commands were available) I have written how to transfer settings from one PC to another PC, see How to transfer / copy / move configuration settings to a new PC?
But back to your problem. You have not written which version UltraEdit has on the old computer and which version UltraEdit has on the new computer. That's bad because now I must shoot in the sky and just can hope I hit something and what I describe now really works. As you have already noticed, how the FTP account settings are stored in uedit32.ini
has been changed in the past and is not equal for all versions of UltraEdit. I write a very complicated step by step introduction because not knowing the versions of UltraEdit.
- Locate uedit32.ini on your old computer while UltraEdit is not running. The default location is %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraEdit. Copy that string into the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit key RETURN. If you see in the opened directory the file uedit32.ini, this is the file to copy. Depending on your version of UltraEdit the full name of the used INI could be also displayed in UltraEdit at Advanced - Configuration - Application Layout - Advanced. If your uedit32.ini is not in the application data directory of UltraEdit, open in help of UltraEdit the page INI File Selection and Advanced Settings and check all possible directories for uedit32.ini as explained on this help page.
- On the new computer with new UltraEdit locate also the directory of uedit32.ini. Again %appdata%\IDMComp\UltraEdit is the first choice. While UltraEdit is not running. Rename this directory for example from UltraEdit to UltraEdit_new. Next create a new directory UltraEdit in %appdata%\IDMComp and copy into this directory on the new computer uedit32.ini from the old computer.
- Start now UltraEdit and accept the updates of the standard profiles, wordfiles and tag list file. UltraEdit must think here that you just upgraded your version of UltraEdit and this is the first start of UltraEdit after installing the new version.
- After UltraEdit made all the "upgrade" conversions, open Advanced - Configuration - FTP.
- Check Share FTP Accounts, click OK and click on Yes on question Would you like to merge your current FTP accounts into shared FTP account lists?
Then exit UltraEdit.
Your account settings are now stored in %appdata%\IDMComp\Common\FTP Accounts\IdmFTPAccounts.txt
This file is used also by UltraCompare Professional when using shared FTP accounts.
- You can now just keep that file or copy it with a name you like to another directory where you have write permissions with your account.
- Delete now in %appdata%\IDMComp the directory UltraEdit completely and rename UltraEdit_new back to UltraEdit.
- Start UltraEdit and open Advanced - Configuration - FTP. You have now 2 options:
a) You check Share FTP Accounts and use %appdata%\IDMComp\Common\FTP Accounts\IdmFTPAccounts.txt just created before.
b) You check Store FTP accounts and settings in user selected file and select the before copied (and renamed) IdmFTPAccounts.txt.
I hope this works for your special need of copying the FTP account settings from UE version X on old computer to UE version Y on new computer.