I have just started evaluating UltraEdit .. comparing with other editors ..
I am interested in XML file editing/validation.
Here is an XML validation tool which works on UltraEdit .. useful for validating XML files against dtd files
Here is one general discussion on this ..
To setup xerces in UltraEdit
(1) First, download xerces-J-bin
(2) Place into c:\xerces-2_6_2
(3) Create validate.bat file (see code below) and place in
- Code: Select all
java -cp c:\xerces-2_6_2\xercesImpl.jar;
%CLASSPATH% dom/Counter -v %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8
Note: The above has been word-wrapped for display in this thread.
But the code should all be in one line (not wrapped) in the validate.bat file.
(4) Go to UltraEdit > Advanced > Tool Configuration > Add Tool
Command Line: C:\xerces-2_6_2\validate.bat %F
Working Directory: blank
Menu Item Name: XML validate
Command Output (DOS Commands)
Save Active File: tick
Output to List Box: tick
Capture Output: tick
No Replace: tick
(5) Note that "Capture output" box is ticked to ensure that results echo back to Output Window.
(6) In any XML file to be validated ensure that there is a path to the DTD file in file header ..
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE ............ .dtd">
(7) Enable ..... View > Views/Lists > Output Window
Now XML validate tool (Xerces) can be applied to any XML file open in UltraEdit window.
just click on the XML validate user tool icon .. or Advanced > XML validate
Validation results are returned and displayed in Output Window.