installed with UE v220.127.116.111 still does not read on startup the synchronized scrolling settings saved on last exit, but at least the two synchronized scrolling options are enabled now by default.
of UCL v8.00 can be used also with previous versions of UltraEdit or UEStudio. All needed is updated ucl.exe. The other two files ucl.chm and ucres.dll are not modified in comparison to build 1010.
Do following to get new ucl.exe without installing new version of UltraEdit:
- Download installer of latest UltraEdit for Windows from UltraEdit Downloads page.
- Double click on the installer to start the setup. On first window switch to Windows Explorer.
- Enter in the address bar of Windows Explorer %TEMP% and hit key RETURN to open the directory for temporary files.
- There is now a directory with a unique ID as directory name containing the file UltraEdit.msi. Best you search for that file in the directory for temporary files.
- Copy the file UltraEdit.msi to a different directory, for example C:\Temp
- Switch back to the installer dialog and press button Cancel to exit UltraEdit installation without changing anything.
- Now execute the command: msiexec.exe /a "C:\Temp\UltraEdit.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Temp\NewUltraEdit"
- In the created directory C:\Temp\NewUltraEdit there is now a smaller UltraEdit.msi and the directory tree Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit. In this directory is the file ucl.exe which you need to copy now into the program files directory of installed UltraEdit.