- Smart sorting of *.reg and *.ini and similar files
- sorting of ini section headers and registry keys
- sorting of items of each ini section and registry key
- special sorting of UltraEdit/UES INI file. ('Scripting' and 'Tools' sections)
- sorting of similar files like *.prj and *.pui
- Shuffle feature
- Ultra-fast algorithms for sort and shuffle
- This script requires at least UltraEdit v13.10 or UEStudio v06.30.
- If you plan to sort a large file with many thousands of lines, please use the script with UltraEdit v14.20.0 or UES v09.00.0 or later.
Modification Date: 19/01/2013
** Improvements suggested by Mofi:
-Getting document encoding information via a native UE property in supported versions.
-Detection of NT4/NT5 registry files as well as registry files without a heading.
-Fix issue a blank line could be missing after sort, if the last line of registry file is not blank.
-Updated readme file.
** Changes by me:
-Escaping UE special characters to fix error in UltraEdit.activeDocument.write.
-Minor enhancements to the existing regular expressions.
-Other minor changes to some lines of code.
Note, Users with older versions of UE/UES can still use the macro posted by mofi which is compatible with all versions of UltraEdit/UEStudio.
There is another related script RegDelEmptyParentKeys that serves to clean up a registry file
from the redundant empty keys after sorting. http://www.ultraedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13375
It may be useful together with the RegIniFileSort script for example when you want to compare two registry files side by side.