UE V11a+, Win XP
due to privacy reasons I would like to have two different folders for the temp files (I usually need temp files because of the file-lock-problem), one of them in a container, which is not mounted all the time.
I tried to do this with the ini file, the entry (under "[settings]")
- Code: Select all
Temp File Dir="Q:\temp\"
should change the temp file dir - says the help. But it doesn't work, the temp file is always generated in the "documents and settings\user\....\temp\"-directory. (Don't know the exact name 'cause of my German Windows XP)
What is wrong with this entry?
The second problem is, that the behaviour of UE by searching the ini file is unlike it's described in the help. The (german) help says something like:
- if there is a command line parameter "/i" the inifile is taken from the name given with the /i-parameter.
- if there's no /i in the command line, UE looks for a an enviroment setting named "UEINIDIR". If UEINIDIR is defined, UE searches the given path.
- At last UE looks in the folder, where it's own exe is running.
I thought, if the path in UEINIDIR is wrong, UE will still find the ini in its own directory, but that's wrong. If UEINIDIR is defined and the path given there is not existing (that means: my unmounted container), no inifile at all will be found, and UE starts like on first installation with default settings.
Is there any possibility to solve this problem?
On my system UE is linked by many other applications, and it's hard to replace any call of UE with batchfiles etc., so I hope to get the following situation:
1) If the container is mounted, the ini-files from the container are used, also the temp files will be created in the container.
2) If the container is not mounted, the "normal" inifile is used, and the tempfiles are created anywhere.
Also possible would be: NO tempfiles with new files, but tempfiles with existing files in their own folder.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance,