You have obviously not enabled addtionally the configuration setting Default word wrap on for each file
. Therefore word wrap is not activated by default and you have to enable it for every file you want it with Edit - Toggle Word-Wrap
Hint: All configuration settings in Advanced - Configuration - Editor - Word Wrap / Tab Settings
below the drop down list are only for the files listed in the drop down list. The drop down list entry Default
is used for all files not separately defined. For your purpose I would suggest to do following:
- Open Advanced - Configuration - Editor - Word Wrap / Tab Settings.
- Click on button Change List.
- Enter in the edit field htm html php and other file extensions containing HTML code. The file extensions must be entered without point separated by one space character. The case does not matter (on Windows).
- Click button Add.
- Back in the word wrap / tab settings dialog, select the just added list item.
- Configure now all the settings below in this dialog which are now only for files with an extension displayed in the drop down list.
Please don't overlook the setting Default word wrap on for each file which must be enabled to get all HTML files displayed by default with word wrap enabled after opening.
- Save the changed configuration with pressing button OK.
- Exit UltraEdit and restart it because settings for a just added new file group become active only after a restart. Configuration changes on an existing file group become active immediately.
The advantage of doing this is that you have now the word wrap, tab settings and auto-completion you want for HTML files while you can use other settings for other file types like CSS, JS, ... You could even use now a proportional font like Arial or Times New Roman for HTML files while using a fixed-width font like Courier New for all other files.