Thank you for the updated links. Both files, however, use a deprecated functions in the script causing it not to work properly in PHP 5.3+. Also, the newer file has a typo in a variable name. The variable was assigned in one line, then when attempted to use it in the next line, it was misspelled, causing another error.
I was able to fix it, but it pulls up all the deprecated functions, alias functions, and everything into one large list.
Granted, this is suitable for most people. However, now that we have the ability to create more than 8 color groups, I have it in mind to get those separated so that I don't accidentally use a function that has been deprecated in a later version. My hosting provider for my web server runs PHP 5.2 and I run on 5.3 at home, and now 5.4 has come out, which I will be upgrading to as well. I'll need to visually see when a function I have used in 5.2 has been deprecated, so that I can avoid it and find an alternative so that my scripts will continue to run should my hosting provider finally make the upgrade.
Therefore, I plan to add additional color groups as follows:
- Code: Select all
/C10"Magic Constants" (I want these highlighted separately)
/C11"Function Aliases" (These are discouraged, so again, I want them separated)
/C12"Deprecated Functions" (To be colored red and underlined.)
I have noticed that /C8"Keywords" currently contains a lot of repetition from other groups, but with the difference of using the $ in front of them. I plan to fix that issue as well.
Thanks to that script, I should be able to see how to rewrite it. However, it will also have to be expanded to handle setting up the:
I'm afraid that won't be as small of a task as what was available from the previous script. As I am about to head out of town, my time is limited and I have so many projects on my burners that I'm afraid of a fire at this point.
Perhaps if I can get this done, I can get a new, proper PHP wordfile made that supports up to PHP 5.4 (current).
Much of PHP is case insensitive, but there is also portions of PHP that IS case sensitive, such as using magic constants. Since it would be in everyone's best interest to start treating PHP case sensitive because of such things, I have already removed the Nocase from my PHP file, so that when I redo this it can be done properly.