I'm experiencing similar issues.
- UltraEdit 184.108.40.2062 on Windows XP Service Pack 3
- OpenVMS 7.3-1
I use UltraEdit 11.10a+1 on a daily basis due to its integrated FTP (and support for OpenVMS). My opinion of 15.20 is that:
- The FTP Account Manager User Interface is greatly improved
- The File Explorer support for FTP accounts is great
- The FTP Open dialog has some improvements but has also introduced some issues:
- Positive: The dialog has a better layout
- Negative: Alt-D Shortcut to change the "Current Directory" is no longer available
- Negative: Alt-L Shortcut to change the "Display Filter" is no longer available
- Negative: Alt-N Shortcut to change the current FTP account is no longer available
- Negative: Double-clicking a sub-directory in the file listbox doesn't change directory - it just refreshes the current directory
- Negative: OpenVMS Logicals can't be used in the "Current Directory" text box because it seems that UE attempts to interpret whatever you type in that box before sending the list command. For example, if the current directory is DKA:, typing SYS$LOGIN will attempt to request a directory listing for DKA:[000000.SYS$LOGIN] rather than just SYS$LOGIN (where SYS$LOGIN translates to something like DKA0:[USERS.FRED])
- Negative: Once you have opened a file, UE will always use the full filename in the tab including the OpenVMS version, for instance "HELLO_WORLD.C;1". With UE 11.10 you can remove the file version before opening it (e.g. "HELLO_WORLD.C") and when you make modifications and save them VMS will always create a new version of the file ("HELLO_WORLD.C;2").
I am yet to find another editor that offers FTP access to OpenVMS as easily as UltraEdit 11.10 and I'd love to upgrade to the latest version. However, unless there's some configuration options that I've missed, that won't be possible with the current implementation.
This was all meant to be constructive - I hope it came out that way!