- Download ueFastStart.zip and decompress to folder of your choice.
- Open Total Commander, select Configuration, Options - Edit/View - Editor for F4 and locate ueFastStart.exe ... OK
Support for loading multiple files at once was added with version released on 2012-06-06.
Until now, you had to use the mouse to drag and drop the selected files to UltraEdit window, which required mouse operations and extra wait time for UE window to pop up.
(or you can use other tools, but you don't get any speed gain as you do with ueFastStart)
To load multiple files faster, do the following:
- Open TC, select Start, Change Start Menu.
- Click on Add Item and type ueFastStart, click OK.
- Below, in the Command section, locate the file ueFastStart.exe.
- In the Parameters, type @%L
- leave the Shortcut key to [none] (read below on how to get a wider choice of hot keys)
- Click OK.
Better yet, you should assign a hot-key to the created start menu item, as follows:
- In TC, go to Configuration, Options, Misc
- In the Redefine hotkeys section, choose a hotkey.
- Use the loupe to find the correct command (look in Category: User).
- Right next to the loupe is a check-mark - click it so TC accepts the new key shortcut.
- Both Configuration, Options - Edit/View - Editor for F4 and Start Menu Item - should point to the same EXE file.
- There will be no speed gain if UE is not already running.
- The tool only starts the file loading process sooner, the actual file loading speed is not affected.
- The tool doesn't use registry, can be simply erased.
Support for UltraEdit prior v14.00 with UltraEdit-32 in window title was added with version released on 2012-06-08.
Version 2012-06-10 improved UE window detection. (particularly if you have a project/workspace loaded in UE)
uesFastStart is a tool for opening a single file fast in UEStudio.