I discovered an issue with copy/cut/paste last night that only happened in certain situations. I can also reproduce the issue consistently.
This is using UEStudio 12.00.0.1000 or UltraEdit 18.00.0.1034 on Windows XP SP3 using Windows Classic Theme.
- Open a document.
- Create a NEW document (Edit1).
- Drag one of the two documents tabs (you can have any number, but at least two documents required) to the right or left side of the screen to create a second pane.
- Place the cursor focus on Edit1.
- Using the defined hotkey (Alt-F10 is default), switch back to the other pane. Do NOT use the mouse to click in the other pane. Only use keyboard actions from this point forward!
Now, at this point, you can see the cursor blinking in the other pane, you can move it around with arrow keys, and use the keyboard to select.
- Using the shift key and arrow keys, select a section of text. Now using keyboard shortcut, attempt to cut (it doesn't.) Attempt to copy. (It won't.)
- Press the hotkey to switch back to the other pane where Edit1 is.
- Paste using keyboard shortcut. It won't do it.
Now, if you use the mouse to switch panes, the copy/cut/paste commands work just fine. I have not tested this in earlier versions, but this may be the issue some people are having, perhaps.
If I use the mouse to select a document, copy with hotkey, then use the hotkey to move to the other pane, it will not paste. However, if I then "click" in that pane, the paste will then proceed.
It is as if the hotkeys for copy/cut/paste have been disabled somehow, until I click in the window again. I have not done testing to see what other hotkeys may be affected, but I have difficulty believing these are the only ones.
Oh, yes, shift-delete also does not work when switching panes like this.
Perhaps there is another combination of doing things that also disables the hotkeys? Haven't done a lot of testing on this, so not sure. But hotkeys are being disabled, as I was able to reproduce in both programs consistently.
I have sent an email to IDM just now concerning this (by copying the above text of this post.) Can anyone else reproduce the error as I have done in any other versions?