Latest Version 18.104.22.16832, Updated August 8, 2012
Platform: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. 32-bit and 64-bit compatible, though 32-bit program.
Supports: UltraEdit 15 through 18.10 and UEStudio 9.10 through 12.10
As of August 29, 2012, this Software has changed the license! See the new License Agreement for details.
This program was created to help create/manage/share color schemes and syntax highlighting schemes for UltraEdit 15+ and UEStudio 9.10+. Since the original release, new features have been added for the direct manipulation of IDM Wordfiles to make it easier for users to make changes to, update, or make corrections to their wordfiles in a manner which is more intuitive. There are well over 1300 themes available for download for use with this program and UE/UES.
Download the Portable Version ... Browse themes to download
View Change Log ... View Online User Guide
Click the Download button to get the program.
- Create/Load/Save Color Schemes in a special text file format to make it easier for human reading.
- Import/Export from/to UltraEdit/UEStudio for both Color Schemes and Wordfile Colors.
- Export wordfile colors to one or multiple wordfiles.
- Clear all color information from one or multiple wordfiles.
- Split a multi-language wordfile into separate wordfiles.
- Drag and drop color scheme files onto the program or program's icon to load a color scheme.
- Can associate *.ueTheme (UltraEdit Theme) files with this program to allow opening color schemes by double clicking from Windows explorer.
- Imports/Exports Font name/size to UE and to Themes.
- Sorts words, tests for duplicate words, tests for invalid words in wordfiles.
- Allows direct editing of the Language Definition line through the Language Definition tab.
A few VERY important things to note about this program...
- Back up your UltraEdit Directory before using this program as it will make changes to some of your files.
- Do not run this program while UltraEdit is open. Close UltraEdit first!
- This program only works if you do NOT use the Registry.
- This program only works if your wordfiles are separated. That is, one programming language per wordfile. Fortunately, this program provides a function to split a multi-language wordfile into separate files.
- Saving Changes on the Language Definition Tab within the Word File Tools causes UE to stop highlighting comments. A work-around is to add a space to the end of the comment character(s), or re-integrate comment strings into the first line. It is recommended that you do not use the Language Definition Tab.
This post is edited regularly to reflect the current status of this program. Any time an update to the program is made, it will be reflected in this post. If you discover a bug in the program, please check back here first to be sure you have the most recent version. If you have the most recent version, and are still encountering the bug, please post about it in this thread or send an email to the support email listed in the program's About box. I regularly monitor this topic and get notifications of any posts here.
Work on this project has been halted. I simply do not have time to work on it, but do hope to pick up work on it again in the future. However, life at home has become too busy for me to invest any further time into this or any other projects at this point in time.