Tanuki wrote:Just registered on the forums to say: Thanks for all your work on this, rhapdog!
PS. the portable version downloadable from your first post in this topic, "UECompanionPortable_18.104.22.16832_English.paf.exe", installs an older version than the filename would indicate. The regular setup is fine.
PPS. Should the IDM folks decide to use your ideas/code (would be nice), it would be good (and make more sense, really) if the "active line" colors were used for the recently(?) added "active column" color, whenever the active column color has not yet been specified or is missing from an older theme file, instead of the default blue on light blue.
Glad you're getting good use out of it.
If the portable version is not installing the correct version, because of any mistake I may have made during setting up the setup file, then just take the regular version .exe file and copy over the portable .exe file of the same name in the PortableApps\UECompanionPortable\App\uecompanion\uecompanion.exe, and it will update. They two programs are identical, and it will "detect" when it is set up in that portable path by looking for "..\..\UECompanionPortable.exe".
Unfortunately, if there is a problem there, I won't be doing any further corrections to the program at this point in time. I wrote this in Delphi 2010, because a company that contracted me to "complete" a project that another programmer had abandoned had done a majority of the project in Delphi 2010. They purchased a copy of Delphi 2010 for me as part of the contract. I created the first version of what was back then called "uecolors" using this platform, in order to get me familiar with Delphi 2010. Since then, everything has been maintained and expanded using Delphi 2010, and I am really, really ready to drop it and go back to programming in C++ exclusively. If I had done this project in C++ to begin with, then IDM could just drop the code into UE and make immediate use of it. As it is, the entire thing will have to be "converted" in order for them to make use of it so that they can make changes where needed.
I'd consider rewriting it in C++, however, it would take far too long to do so, considering I can only devote no more than 1/2 hour 5 days a week to work on it, and this has become a pretty large application.
My last communication with IDM indicated that they are quite interested in picking up this project from me, but there are a lot of details that must be worked out first.
Oh, yes, I must agree about the active line/active column colors. I had that on a list of things to do before I decided to stop work on the project. If IDM decides against going forward with it, then perhaps I'll consider going forward, but I doubt I'd be adding much in the way of new features, just keeping it compatible with new versions. However, I think it is doubtful that IDM won't at least pursue some degree of this in future versions of UE.