Well, most users use the scripts via View - Views/Lists - Script List
(opened/closed by hotkey or docked usually on right side with auto-hide enabled). In this list the scripts are sorted alphabetically and therefore most users do not miss a feature to re-order the scripts in the list.
It's right that in the menu the scripts are listed as added to the list. To re-order the list you have to
- open %APPDATA%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\uedit32.ini while UltraEdit is not running with Notepad,
- find the section [Scripting],
- renumber Chord, Desc, HotKey, Name, Path and UID whereby Chord and HotKey must be renumbered only when chords/hotkeys are assigned to scripts,
- save edited INI file of UltraEdit and exit Notepad.
It might be easier to
- first create a copy of uedit32.ini while UE is not running,
- then open this copy in UltraEdit and sort the INI using macro Sort UE/UES INI or script RegIniFileSort to get the scripts better presorted in section [Scripting],
- renumber Chord, Desc, HotKey, Name, Path and UID which should be much easier now,
- save the file, exit UltraEdit and replace uedit32.ini by the copy with the renumbered scripts.
Of course it would be possible to write a script which renumbers the script entries in INI file according to script name.