Thank you for testing this, however:
1. Maximum columns before line wraps
- I have this set at 4096, so its probably not that.
2. soft word-wrap (horizontal scrollbar disabled)
- I don't know where you set this option, but I have horizontal scrollbar visible and enabled.
3. if the font used is a proportional font
- I'm using a fixed width font.
UE has some problems with the fixed font as well, not only proportional.
I've changed the font to fixedsys
and it now works.
If I change back to the original font I was using - it stops working.
The font I'm using can be downloaded from DOS.zip
(The thread is Brace matching - no bold
Using the mouse to set the cursor beyond line end works
Also, continuously holding down right arrow shows the cursor one character position to the right, but it is then pulled back to the last typed char.
(Something you may or may not see depending on the speed of the graphic card.)