Yes, you miss the fact that ^c
is supported only by the commands Find
in search or replace string and the commands Open
in file name string. All other commands do not support ^c
You need an UltraEdit script for this task:
- Code: Select all
if (UltraEdit.document.length > 0)
// This condition could be removed if it should be possible to insert
// the string in clipboard from current position to end of file.
Do you know that you can assign a hotkey to command ColumnInsertFill
- copy the selected text with Ctrl+C to clipboard,
- switch to column editing mode with Alt+C if not already enabled,
- select the columns to overwrite with the copied text,
- press the hotkey of the command ColumnInsertFill,
- press Ctrl+V to insert the copied text,
- hit key Return to execute the command.
And for inserting short texts it is often easier to select the columns to overwrite in column editing mode, hit key Del to delete current text in the selected columns and simply type the short text to insert in the selected lines while still in column editing mode.