UltraCompare Professional may be configured as the external diff utility for several VCS applications. The following instructions apply only to the Windows version of each product referenced.
AnkhSVN with Visual Studio 2008 - http://ankhsvn.open.collab.net/
1. Open Visual Studio 2008.
2. Select Options from the Tools menu.
3. Select Source Control and click on Plug-In Selection.
4. Under Plug-In Selection select AnkhSVN.
5. Under Subversion User Tools enter the following into the External Diff field:
"C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\uc.exe" "%base" "%mine"
Perforce for Windows - http://www.perforce.com/
1. Select Preferences from the Edit menu.
2. Go to the Diff tab.
3. Under Default Diff Application select Other Application.
4. Click the browse button next to the Location box and browse to the UltraCompare install directory. Select uc.exe.
5. In the Arguments field, enter:
QVCS - http://www.qumasoft.com/index1.html
1. Select Preferences from the Admin menu.
2. Go to the Utilities tab.
3. In the Visual Compare Utility Command Line field, enter:
uc.exe "%s" "%s"
4. Click Apply.
Subversion - http://subversion.tigris.org/
1. Create a batch file named "ucsvndiff.bat" in the UltraCompare install directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare").
2. Open ucsvndiff.bat for editing..
3. Type the following:
"C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\uc.exe" "%6" "%7" -title1 %3 -title2 %5
4. Go to Subversion's configuration area, normally "%APPDATA%\Subversion" (One way to find this folder is to enter %APPDATA% in the address bar and then search for the "Subversion" folder.)
5. Change the following lines in the "config" file in the "Subversion" folder:
#diff-cmd=diff_program(diff, gdiff, etc.)
diff-cmd=diff_program(diff, gdiff, etc.)
6. Edit the diff-cmd to point to the ucsvndiff.bat file, e.g.:
diff-cmd=C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\ucsvndiff.bat
TortoiseCVS - http://tortoisecvs.org/
1. From context menu in Windows Explorer select CVS and then Preferences.
2. Select Tools tab.
3. For Diff application, browse to UltraCompare install directory and select uc.exe.
4. For Two-way diff parameters enter the following:
Please note: A space must be inserted between the specified values.
TortoiseSVN - http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
1. From context menu in Windows Explorer select TortoiseSVN and then Settings.
2. Go to Diff Viewer under External Programs.
3. Under "Configure the program used for comparing different revisions of files" select External.
4. Click browse button and browse to UltraCompare install directory. Select uc.exe and press OK.
5. Add the following string to the end of the uc.exe path:
%base %mine -title1 %bname -title2 %yname
6. The constructed string should now look like this:
C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\uc.exe %base %mine -title1 %bname -title2 %yname
7. Press Apply button.
Visual SourceSafe 2005 (installed from Visual Studio DVD)
1. Select Options from Tools menu.
2. Select Custom Editors tab.
3. Select File Difference under Operation:.
4. In the File Extension field, enter: ".*"
5. In the Command Line field, enter:
C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraCompare\uc.exe "%1" "%2"
6. Press Add button.
Article Number: 57
Posted: Wed, Sep 21, 2011 12:46 PM
Last Updated: Thu, Aug 30, 2012 3:43 PM
Online URL: http://www.ultraedit.com/help/article/version-control-support-57.html