Accelerate your workflow...
Introducing the new, faster UltraCompare v8.50!
With a focus on being fast, v8.50 delivers some of the most dramatic performance improvements to date! Remote folder compare is now exponentially quicker with the new option to use the server file listing for basic folder mode. Folder sync also now supports basic compare method for vastly faster sync scanning. And as always with point releases, v8.50 additionally delivers an abundance of usability enhancements and maintenance items! Check out what's new below...
New: What's new in v8.50?
- Greatly improved performance of remote folder compare via server directory listing
- Comparing files via directory listing avoids download of entire remote directory contents
- Used for basic (size and timestamp only) compare mode
- Configurable in Options -> Configuration -> FTP
- Basic (size and timestamp only) compare support for Folder Sync
- Dramatically increases speed of folder sync for large folders/files
- Configurable in Options -> Configuration -> Compare -> Folder Sync -> Folder Sync Options
- New quick exit option for command line
- Add "-esc" flag to command line to quickly dismiss application by pressing ESC key
- Useful when quickly diffing files out of CVS or other version control system
- Optionally load file/folder before running comparison
- Quickly preview files/folders before they are scanned for differences
- Configurable in Options -> Configuration -> Application Layout
- Darker contrast of colors in difference map for easier navigation
- Shortcut added for switching between compare panes (Ctrl + Alt + S; configurable in key mapping)
- Difference summary added to output/result files
- Separate options added for "Show spaces/tabs" and "Show line endings"
- Ability to clear file and folder path histories from address bar drop downs
- Ability to specify default backup directory (Advanced -> Configuration -> Backup & Save)
- Ability to lock/disable Check for Updates and FTP functionality
And of course, full integration with your other UltraSuite products...
Integration of IDM products has long been a hallmark of our one-of-a-kind solution. Not only does UltraCompare feature native integration with UltraEdit and UEStudio to provide fast file exchanges between the two for merge and sync operations of your latest edits, but UC v8.50 now offers integration with UltraFinder and the all-new UltraSentry '13... The power of the IDM UltraSuite is now fully integrated in UltraCompare!
- Set UltraFinder to find and resolve duplicates by default
- Right click and set directories as Find targets within UltraFinder
- Launch a Find Files or Find Duplicates session from your toolbar
- All from the UC toolbar or context menu
- Store files in your Digital Locker
- Encrypt files in place
- Shred and eliminate files & duplicates
- All from the UC toolbar or context menu
UltraCompare Professional v8.40
UltraCompare for Windows v8.40 is now available! This release is primarily driven out of maintenance, with performance improvements for extremely large file comparison. Other areas improved are FTP, output results, synchronize, and session ignore settings.
New: What's new in v8.40?
- Improved text compare performance and speed
- Improved efficiency and addressed problems when comparing very large multi-GB files
- Addressed key mapping issues
- Addressed issue with Synchronize command
- Addressed issue with "Ignore lines at beginning of file" session setting
- Addressed issue with output result
- Addressed issue when merging between FTP folders and saving back to server
- Other minor maintenance items
UltraCompare Professional v8.30
UltraCompare for Windows v8.3 is here! This release is primarily driven out of maintenance, with usability enhancements for creating new sessions and setting session properties. This release also includes several important maintenance items for folder compare, PDF compare, merging, and more.
New: What's new in v8.30?
- Session improvements:
- Prompt to apply global configuration changes to existing sessions
- "New session" toolbar icon
- "New session" control in workspace when all sessions have been closed
- Dialog cleanup in Session Properties window
- Other minor improvements
- PDF compare now prompts when file contains no text
- Better detection of externally deleted files while in folder mode
- Addressed incorrect difference indication with "ignore whitespace"
- Addressed issue when merging from 3rd to 2nd file in 3-way text compare
- Other minor maintenance items
UltraCompare Professional v8.20...
Polish, perfect, and publish!
UltraCompare v8.20 is now available and is the most mature and polished release of UltraCompare to date! The driving theme of this release is peak performance and quality. Our development team has put forth a six-month effort to enhance and improve existing functionality in nearly every area of the application. Users will enjoy enhanced functionality and performance increases in PDF compare, FTP/SFTP, printing, command line functionality, file change detection, and more. Version 8.20 also introduces our new online help knowledgebase system with the ability to export and share help articles in different formats.
New: What's new in v8.20?
- Integrated Online help
- Landscape printing
- New parsing options for DOC/RTF/PDF
- Improved Folder sync between local and remote
- Optimized FTP delete/merge functionality (delete/merge now occurs directly on server)
- Support for multi-GB binary file compare
- Maintenance installment:
- Improved PDF compare performance and stability
- Improved handling of long lines when printing
- Empty folders no longer show "+" (expand) symbol
- Improved functionality of file/folder path auto-complete
- Resizable toolbar customization dialog
- Tooltips now accommodate very long file paths/names
- Increased file name character limit in result report
- Relative paths now supported on command line
- Miscellaneous improvements to file change detection
- Fixed issues related to special character differences
- Command line compare now respects "Specify Extensions" setting
- UC releases locks on compared folders after compare session is closed
- Fixed issue where merging line(s) inserts hex nulls into file
- Better alignment of compare when blank lines are at end of file
- Corrected issues related to SFTP connections requiring a public key
- Addressed Preview First / Second display issue on XP
- Orphan folders are now properly deleted in folder sync mode
- Fixed Find Duplicates issues in localized versions
- Many other miscellaneous improvements and fixes
UltraCompare Professional v8.10...
Extending the leap in functionality!
We are excited to announce the release of UltraCompare v8.10. In addition to performance boosts and internal improvements, our latest version includes two very big new features: PDF compare and Folder Sync scheduling! Compare text in two or three PDF documents at once. Schedule your folder sync jobs to automatically run once or periodically at your specified date and time. Two new features which will improve the way you manage change.
New: Compare PDF files
You've relied on UltraCompare for text compares of .doc/.docx files...now use it to compare PDF files! To compare PDF files in UltraCompare v8.10, simply load them into a new text compare session the same way you would a normal text compare.
New: Folder Synchronization Scheduler
UltraCompare v8.00 introduced a powerful new folder synchronization feature which automates your folder compares and eliminates manual merging of different files/folders, providing a fully automated and worry-free way to keep folders in sync. Version 8.10 expands upon that functionality by providing a new scheduler feature to "set and forget" your folder sync tasks!
To enable a scheduled folder sync task, you must first have a saved folder sync session. You can schedule your folder sync session several different ways:
- Right-click the session in the Session list (Workspace Manager) and select "Schedule Folder Sync..."
- Click the Scheduler icon in the main toolbar
- Go to Options -> Configuration -> Folder Sync -> Scheduler
The much-anticipated UltraCompare Professional v8.0 is released and now available! This release marks the beginning of the v8.x series and our "Leap in functionality" strategy. UltraCompare v8.00 provides users with the powerful new (and easy-to-use) Folder Synchronization engine as well as the new Find Duplicates engine. These features will change the way you manage change!
New: Folder Synchronization Engine
With UltraCompare, it's always been easy enough to manually sync up folders with its two (or three) way folder compare mode and merge functionality. However, v8.00 raises the bar to new levels with a completely new folder mode dedicated specifically to this operation - Folder Synchronization! Folder Sync is designed to save you time by allowing you to see the different files between two folders and then apply rule-based synchronization actions to them to sync them up.
Need to sync up your production files with your backup directory? Want to true up photos between two folders and remove the duplicates? Looking to reconcile your data files with your coworker's? Folder synchronization makes all of that possible with a simple click of a button.
Furthermore, folder synchronization mode includes several pre-defined rules for syncing files between two folders. You can customize any of the pre-defined rules or create your own by clicking the "Customize Rules" button.
Once your sync rules are set, click "Start Sync" and let UltraCompare do all the work for you! Progress is tracked via the progress bar at the bottom of the session window.
Should you desire to override the default sync action for a particular file (or files) - for instance, exclude it from any action whatsoever - you can do so by clicking the "Action" drop down item in the file listing.
Folder Synchronization mode is also available as a new context menu option in UltraCompare's integrated explorer right-click functionality.
New: Find Duplicates
Have you ever wondered how much hard drive space you could be saving - or how much file clutter you could eliminate - by finding and removing duplicates from your system? UltraCompare's new Find Duplicates feature makes all this and more possible! Find Duplicates gives you the ability to select two or more folders which are then scanned for duplicate files based upon the criteria that you provide. You can then choose what to do with your duplicates. What's even more is that Find Duplicates works for not just local folders, but network/shared folders and remote/FTP folders as well!
After you have chosen all folders that you wish to search for duplicate files and you have set your criteria and ignore options, click "Start" to begin the duplicate search. The "Results Report" tab will activate which will include a list of all duplicates that were found. You can click on a duplicate result to see each file, including its location in each folder. From here, you can check or uncheck which of the duplicates you would like to remove.
Once you've made your selections, click "Delete Checked" to remove all selected duplicates.
New: Re-themed Icons
UltraCompare v8.00 includes a completely re-themed icon set with deeper colors, smoother and gentler visual effects, and more subtle shading and shadowing. Additionally, you can optionally select 24px icons (instead of 16px) for toolbars by right-clicking the toolbar and selecting the "Large Buttons" item.
New: .Docx Compare
For years UltraCompare has supported Word .doc file comparisons - now you can compare your .docx file as well. Load your .docx files in normal text compare mode, and UltraCompare will parse the .docx text content, displaying it as a normal text compare and allowing you to browse differences and merge and save changes.
Note: MS Word 2007 or greater is required to compare .docx files. Users with older versions of Word can download the "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint File Formats" to enable .docx compare.
New: Better Installer and Registration
Beyond great advancements as far as functionality, UltraCompare v8.00 also includes advancements in installation and registration technologies. The new installation process is designed to provide maximum compatibility with all Windows-based operating systems regardless of user account restrictions. The new license activation method provides you with ease of mind when it comes your authorization code - you will no longer need to remember and enter your new license information following every upgrade!