UltraCompare 15.0 now available
We've taken a substantial amount of time diving deep into the UltraCompare functionality you use most – retooling, improving, and polishing for the most reliable version of UltraCompare yet! From text compare to session management, this release includes a large number of usability improvements and maintenance items to make your workflow in UltraCompare even smoother.
What's new in UltraCompare v15.0:
- Folder mode file filter added to toolbar for quicker access
- Automatic detection and correction of mixed line terminators
- Folder mode improvements:
- Improvements for marking/hiding files in folder compare
- Improvements for folder compares including PDFs and Word documents
- Enhancements and improvements for remote/FTP folder compare
- Added support for "Ignore timestamp differences" in full folder compare mode
- Improved folder sync between SATA and USB drives
- Addressed sort issue with orphan files in folder compare
- Addressed issue where folder root can't be expanded after collapsing
- Addressed context menu issues
- Addressed other minor issues
- Text mode improvements:
- Performance boost: much faster text compares
- Improved handling of very large files
- Improved alignment of text in 3-way text compare
- Support for line terminator conversion on merge/save
- Added "On merge convert line endings to destination type" session property
- "Ignore line terminators" is now a default text compare session property
- Improvements to saving merged changes
- Improvements to difference map
- Addressed issue with saving merge changes to .docx file
- Other minor text compare improvements
- Other miscellaneous improvements:
- Improved virtual memory handling for binary compares
- Added support for CTRL and SHIFT key mappings with TAB
- Improvements for "Save Active Session" from Session pane
- Addressed issue where settings modified in active session are not saved with "Save Active Session"
- Addressed issue where new session cannot be saved anymore with command "Save Active Session"
- Addressed issue with fast binary compare invoked via shell integration not showing summary information in status bar
- Other minor issues addressed
UC 14: Meet the all new UltraCompare!
We are proud to announce the release of UltraCompare 14.00 which includes some truly monumental changes and improvements. For those of you already using UltraCompare, get ready to change the way you manage change! For those of you not yet using UltraCompare, what are you waiting for? Get UltraCompare today (existing user discount available here)!
Check out what's new in UC v14.00 in our video below:
Color and style management has never been easier with all-new themes in UltraCompare 14.00! Use one of the predefined themes to complement your favorite UltraEdit theme, create your own custom theme, or stick with Classic to maintain the colors and styles you're used to. You can switch themes in a snap via the View -> Themes sub-menu. You can manage and modify themes in the new Theme Manager (View -> Themes -> Manage Themes).
New: Dockable Legends and Filters dialog
Don't hassle with menu options and session properties to filter your compare — use the new interactive Legends and Filters dialog instead! This dockable pane provides a quick reference of difference colors and symbols and also provides quick and easy access to all available compare filters.
New: Sync folders...directly from folder mode!
We've combined the Folder Sync mode and regular Folder compare mode for a unified folder compare experience. Compare your folders, and when you're ready, simply check the "Sync Folders" option at the bottom of the compare frame, set your sync rules, and click "Start Sync"! Let UltraCompare do the rest.