Introducing UltraEdit v22.10
At IDM, we're not ones to slow down after a major release. While UltraEdit v22.10 delivers 70+ maintenance enhancements for the v22 series, we've built in a few more of the features you've asked for.
Smarter indentation of auto-completed XML and HTML tags
UltraEdit's intelligent tag completetion just got an upgrade. Now it takes even fewer keystrokes to get where you need to be.
Simply create your opening tag, and hit Enter after UltraEdit creates your closing tag. UltraEdit will automatically reposition and reindent the closing HTML or XML tag on a separate line.
Convert Quick Find to multi-select
With v22.10, we've added another great way to select and edit exactly what you need. After performing a Quick Find (Ctrl+F), press Ctrl + , (comma). UltraEdit will automatically convert all matched strings to selections. Now you can begin typing to update all matched strings at once.
Highlight all shown in the Document Map
Want to see search highlighting or highlighting of selected text right in the Document Map? It's automatic in v22.10!
UltraEdit v22.10 also delivers a number of fixes and enhancements:
- Highlight All Selected now uses entire selection (instead of just word under caret)
- Performance improvements for multi-caret editing with many selections/carets
- Document Map improvements with column mode, selecting, changing syntax highlighting, etc.
- Added support for Select All with Ctrl+a in "Edit Macro" dialog
- Addressed split window issues
- Addressed issues with Revert to Saved after manually changing file encoding
- Addressed issue with Wrap after column #, insert CR/LF
See the full list of changes in UltraEdit v22.0