What can UltraEdit do for a database manager?
Handle text and binary file formats with ease!
UltraEdit can help with the following files formats...
- HTML, XML and other structured documents from the WWW
- Structured and unstructured reports of any size or dimension
- ASCII or EBCDIC text files
- Spooled print files
- Fixed length, comma-delimited, tab-delimited sequential files
- CR output
- Files with tagged data fields
- Complex multi-line files
- Downloaded text files
- Online text databases
- CD-ROM text bases
- Unix, Macintosh, Mainframe and PC end-of-line formats
UltraEdit features for database managers...
- Disk based text editing
- Supports files in excess of 4GB
- Minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
- Configuration options for temp files and large file handling
- Insert string at every increment
- Ideal for formatting database records
- Column/block editing
- Allows insertion/removal of columns of data
- Insert/fill columns
- Insert line numbers
- Sum columns/selection
- Convert to fixed column
- Convert to character delimited
- User configurable Syntax highlighting
- Includes UltraCompare Lite at no additional cost - a free diff tool!
- Text compare
- Support for line-by-line comparison of individual files
- Status bar shows number of lines/blocks different
- Difference summary includes:
- data in source but not in destination file or vice versa
- data difference between files on the same line
- Fast Binary Compare
Extensive manipulation functions
- DOS, UNIX, and Macintosh file formats supported (conversions available)
- ASCII/OEM and ANSI formats
- ASCII and mainframe EBCDIC formats
- Unicode and ANSI formats
Fix text or binary files of any size - even files larger than 4 gigabytes!
Click an option below to read more about how UltraEdit can be used in other industries...