What can UltraEdit do for a programmer or developer?
Color coded editor, syntax highlighting, and bookmarks!
UltraEdit delivers easy viewing and editing of code and variables. In addition to the standard editing functions such as undo, copy and paste, and searching, UltraEdit's color-coded editor allows programmers to decipher different code types and variables, and you are going to love the powerful code-folding too.
Additional productivity enhancing features include delimiter matching that shows you the location of the opening and closing of parentheses, and bookmarking which helps you remember and find significant sections of code such as subroutines and constant declarations.
Features for programmers and developers...
- Disk based text editing
- Supports files in excess of 4GB
- Minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files
- Configuration options for temp files and large file handling
- UTF-8/Unicode text editing support
- Native FTP client
- Includes support for SFTP (SSH2)
- Multiple account support
- Automatic save back to server without logon requirement
- Project/Workspace support
- Configurable keyboard mapping
- Column/block mode text editing
- Hexadecimal Editor
- Edit any binary file in hex edit mode
- Toggle between binary (hex mode) and ASCII view
- Code folding
- Fold any function or structure
- C/C++, HTML, XML, Java, Perl, PHP and more
- Collapse All and Expand All
- User configurable Syntax highlighting
- Pre-configured for C/C++, Visual Basic, C#, VBScript, ASP
- Nearly 500 wordfiles for different languages available
- Support for up to 20 languages in one wordfile
- Wordfiles available for hundreds of languages
A hallmark of UltraEdit text editor is its language-specific support.
UltraEdit text editor also includes powerful CTAGS support.
Build a project-specific ctag file with the option to create automatically when opened, with fully configurable parameters and tag file for use outside of projects. The find symbol command will locate any symbol in the ctag file of the selected item or the item under cursor and position it in appropriate file... That's the power of UltraEdit!
- Multi-byte support with integrated IME support
- Named templates
- Supports 64-bit file handling
- Standard on all 32-bit Windows platforms
- Artistic style formatter
- Powerful number convertor
- Selected number to binary, octal, decimal or hexadecimal
- Auto-correction of syntax-highlighted keywords
- Character properties pop-up dialog to show:
- Value of character in decimal/hex and display
- Offset of character from start of file in decimal/hex
Auto-completion saves you time.
When invoked, keywords from the syntax highlighting wordfile are listed in the conveniently located drop-down window. You can even specify your own file to provide the strings for auto-completion. Additionally, UltraEdit will search back 50K in the file for words that match a partially typed word and present these for your use.
Over two million registered users worldwide trust UltraEdit!
- Renowned for power and performance
- Considered the standard for text and programmer's editors
- Supported by a company dedicated to its customers
- Seasoned with better than a decade of feature additions
UltraEdit: great for handling data, executing global changes across stores of files - even files greater than 4GB!
Click an option below to read more about how UltraEdit can be used in other industries...