Run WebFOCUS from UltraEdit
THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
The following information was provided to IDM Computer Solutions, Inc. for users of UltraEdit-32 by Kelly Snodgrass:
Included in this zip file are the WebFOCUS wordfile, auto-complete file and the html file to run your WebFOCUS focexecs. Use these at your own risk. I am not aware of any problems but that does not mean they do not exist.
In UltraEdit open the "Advanced" menu and choose "Configuration". Click the "Syntax Highlighting" tab and then click the "Open" button for the UltraEdit default wordfile.
Close this dialog. At the very bottom of the wordfile you now have open, paste the text from the WebFOCUS wordfile (included in this zip file) and save the file. (Back on the "Advanced" menu "Configuration" option you can also set up file types and extensions.)
Place this file in the directory of your choosing. Go to the "Advanced" menu. Choose "Configuration" and click the "Edit" tab. Click the "Browse" button and choose the file in the location you placed it.
1) Adhocfex must be enabled on your server.
2) Edit the run.htm file. Near the bottom of the file are comments. Read them carefully and change the file as necessary.
3) Save this html file in a location of your choosing.
4) In UltraEdit, from the "Advanced" menu choose "Tool Configuration".
5) In the "Command Line" dialog enter the following without the quotes: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE file://c:\PathToHTMLFile\run.htm?%F" where "PathToHTMLFile" is the path to the location (on your hard drive) where you saved the html file.
6) The path (above) to IEXPLORE.EXE may be different on your machine. If so, change as necessary.
7) In the "Menu Item" dialog type a name of your choosing like "Run" or something.
8) Make sure the "Windows Program" and "Save Active File" checkboxes are checked and click the "Insert" button on the right.
9) Click "OK" and you're done.
This will put a menu option at the bottom of the "Advanced" menu.
Your focexec must be saved locally on your harddrive or mapped network drive for this to work. When you choose the menu option it will open a web page that prompts you for your parameters and when you click submit it runs your focexec.
Click here to download the described files.