UltraEdit text editor for Mac
JUST RELEASED: v15.1 See what's new
Talking about speed, I am impressed with this latest update, finally the Mac version has grown up and can compete with the Windows version. See more testimonials...
What can you use UltraEdit for...
UltraEdit is an award-winning text editor. CNET/Download.com says about UltraEdit: "With its clear layout and powerful project and work-space features, it can handle complex and sophisticated software-development projects. But despite its vast range of features, UltraEdit never feels overwhelming. It's flexible and easy to customize, and the polished user interface provides easy access to the most important options..."
- Easily open and edit large files - 4 GB and beyond!
- Column (block) mode editing
- Powerful search: Find & replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
- File compare
- Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing
- Beautify and reformat source code
- Powerful XML handling: XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
- Integrated Ctags (symbols listing)
- File and data sorting
- Integrated FTP client (supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS)
- Filtered spell checker
- Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Split/duplicate window editing
- Hex editing
- Macros and scripts for automated editing
- File encryption and decryption
- CSV data reformatting
- Powerful and configurable tools
- Project support
- Robust bookmarking
- Hundreds more features listed here...