Find text in files or find and remove duplicates with UltraFinder
Your Windows operating system offers limited find options...
UltraFinder is your personal search engine for your PC, network, and remote servers!
Find any file, word, text string, pattern, duplicate and everything else you need in seconds...on your hard drive, on your shared and network volumes, on your removable drives, or even on a remote FTP/SFTP server! UltraFinder is a quick and lightweight Windows search program designed to find text in files anywhere. UltraFinder also allows you to find duplicates and eliminate or delete duplicates, keeping your computer clean and uncluttered while conserving hard drive space. Search your way with a variety of settings to tweak your search to perfection.
UltraFinder includes two powerful but quick and easy to use modes for finding what you need when you need it: Find Files and Find Duplicates.
Check out a complete list of UltraFinder's features here.
"It found the file very quickly, and I *LOVED* the fact that I could highlight the results like with the file name in it and right click and automatically open that file in UE! That is SUCH a time saver! Everything integrated smoothly between the two programs."
UltraFinder's Find Files mode allows you to search for text in files on your hard drive, network/shared drives, external drive, and even remote (FTP/SFTP) servers! UltraFinder will also search for text in PDF files and .doc/.docx files. Find Files features include:
- Search for files by content or by name (partial or full)
- Search file contents or file names with regular expressions (Perl, Unix, and UltraEdit native)
- Specify specific folders, entire drives, or even specific files as search targets
- Filter subdirectories, file names, and file extensions to exclude from the search
- Search based on whole or partial word match
- Search for case sensitive matches
- Negative search (find files that DON'T match)
- Search for text in PDF files
- Search for text in Word documents (.doc/.docx)
- Search and find text in files with UltraFinder
- Find files by name with UltraFinder
- How to search PDF files with UltraFinder
Find duplicates and find duplicate files with UltraFinder, then delete duplicate files you don't want, keeping your drives free of unnecessary clutter. Removing duplicates has never been easier! Find Duplicates features include:
- Search folders or entire drives
- Search duplicates by a variety of criteria:
- Tweak duplicate searches with a variety of criteria settings (file dates, file sizes, etc.)
- Ignore special case files like 0-byte, system/hidden files, Recycle Bin files, etc.
- Set include/exclude filters for files and folders
- Powerful searches using regular expressions (Perl, Unix, or native)
- Resolve found duplicates:
- Rename duplicates
- Remove duplicates
- Delete duplicate files
- Move duplicate files
- Open duplicates
Do you want to find text in files on an FTP server? Do you need to find a file somewhere on your remote system? UltraFinder makes it possible! UltraFinder supports both Find Files and Find Duplicates for FTP/SFTP folders and files. Even better - you can enable the shared FTP accounts feature to access the same FTP accounts that you use in UltraEdit and UltraCompare!
UltraFinder integrates with other IDM products. Want to open a found file in UltraEdit or UEStudio? No problem. Need to compare duplicate files in UltraCompare? Easy enough! Plus you can securely store and delete outdated files in UltraSentry!
UltraFinder is an essential part of IDM's total file management solution!