What is UltraFinder?
UltraFinder is your personal search engine for your PC, network, and remote servers!
UF runs search on hard drives, shared and network volumes, removable drives, and even on remote FTP/SFTP servers!
UltraFinder for Windows
UltraFinder can locate files by both name and content. Supports plain text files, PDFs, Word docs and other Office files. Can also be configured to find files on your local, network, or even FTP drives.
Duplicate files create clutter and eat valuable system disk space. UltraFinder makes it easy to locate and clean these on your system.
Want to find matches by pattern or filter? Set up a regex search for maximum flexibility. Want a faster search on your hard drive? Search the Master File Table (MFT) directly. Countless other options make it a breeze to tune your search to your exact liking.
UltraFinder integrates seamlessly with UltraEdit and UEStudio. Take any number of results and send them over UltraEdit for editing, or launch an UltraFinder session directly from UltraEdit / UEStudio.
Want to verify a couple of duplicate files are actually duplicates before you delete them? Or want to see differences between two files from your file search? With UltraCompare integration you can easily launch a compare of the two files.
Find files by name or content
Find and remove duplicate files
Hone your search with advanced options
Open and edit matches in UltraEdit
Compare results with UltraCompare
What can you use UltraFinder for
What’s new in UltraFinder?
Enhance Find Duplicates UI featuring zebra
striping for easier results handling.
- Master File Table (MFT) search methods for lightning fast results
- Search for files by content or by name (partial or full)
- Search file contents or file names with regular expressions (Perl, Unix, and UltraEdit native)
- Search network or FTP locations
- Specify specific folders, entire drives, or even specific files as search targets
- Filter subdirectories, file names, and file extensions to exclude from the search
- Search based on whole or partial word match
- Search for case sensitive matches
- Negative search (find files that DON’T match)
- Search for text in PDF files
- Search for text in Word documents (.doc/.docx)
- Search folders or entire drives
- Search duplicates by a variety of criteria:
Content, Name, Dates and Size.
- Tweak duplicate searches with a variety of criteria settings (file dates, file sizes, etc.)
- Ignore special case files like 0-byte, system/hidden files, Recycle Bin files, etc.
- Set include/exclude filters for files and folders
- Powerful searches using regular expressions (Perl, Unix, or native)
- Resolve found duplicates (rename, delete, move, open)