End of Life policy
UltraEdit will make a product generally available to its end users. The date that the Software becomes generally available to the public is the General Availability date. After the General Availability of the Software, UltraEdit will provide Software Support3 in accordance with the UltraEdit Software Support and Maintenance Terms and Conditions. As such, it will support the current Version4 of the Software and the previous versions within the preceding 60 months. UltraEdit reserves the right to make bug fixes, patches, and service releases only for the current version of any Software Title it publishes. The end user may need to upgrade to the newest version before applying a bug fix, patch, or service release.
End of Life Announcement
UltraEdit will publicly communicate the discontinuance of the UltraEdit Software Product in an End of Life announcement on its website. An End of Life announcement marks the beginning of the End of Life life cycle for a particular Software Title or Version. The End of Life Announcement will precede the End of Engineering date by at least 90 days.
End of Engineering
End of Engineering means the date UltraEdit will cease engineering related to the Software Product and will cease providing engineering support related to the applicable Release. UltraEdit reserves the right to cease engineering support for any Release of the Software made Generally Available after two subsequent Releases. Prior to the End of Engineering date, UltraEdit will actively support the Software Release with service releases, bug fixes, workarounds, or patches for critical bugs reported through Software Support. When a Release reaches the End of Engineering date, it will, however, no longer be actively supported by engineering. Technical Support5 will be available until the End of Life Date, which is one year after the End of Engineering Date, as long as the customer is under paid maintenance; Technical Support can provide access to previously released hot fixes, service releases, etc. Technical Support will not include nor will it create any new bug fixes or feature additions or requests for any product that is past the End of Engineering date.
End of Life
End of Life means the date when all Software Support shall cease for a discontinued Release of the Software. Generally, it will be one full year between the End of Engineering date to the End of Life date but may be less.
- This End of Life Policy does not apply to third party products. If UltraEdit discontinues the provision of a third party product, it will use commercially reasonable efforts to (i) provide its customers with reasonable advance notice of such discontinuance and (ii) replace the discontinued third party product with another product containing substantially similar functionally.
- Software means the object code versions of the product, together with updates, releases, modifications, and enhancements, owned and provided by UltraEdit to its end users pursuant to the End User License Agreement.
- Software Support means the standard maintenance and support to be provided by UltraEdit or its designated agents as set forth in the UltraEdit End User License Agreement and/or applicable Software Support and Maintenance Terms and Conditions if applicable.
- Release means all generally available releases of the Software that (i) contain new features, functionality, extensions, or fixes for bugs, or (ii) are designated by means of a change in the digit to either the left of the first decimal point (e.g., Software 16.0 » Software 17.0), to the right of the decimal point (e.g., Software 16.0 » Software 16.1), or to the right of the second decimal point (e.g., Software 16.0.1 » Software 16.0.2).
- Technical Support means technical assistance provided to UltraEdit customers under active maintenance and support. This includes general guidance about UltraEdit products and any workarounds, bug fixes, etc. that have been designed prior to the End of Engineering.