Use UltraEdit to Edit Unix Scripts
Looking for a program for editing your unix shell scripts? Then you’ve come to the right place. UltraEdit is an easy-to-use text and programmers editor with many powerful editing features syntax highlighting, code folding, find/replace, conversion/formatting features, FTP/SFTP support, a built-in ssh/telnet console, and much more.
“With its clear layout and powerful project and work-space features, it can handle complex and sophisticated software-development projects. But despite its vast range of features, UltraEdit never feels overwhelming. It’s flexible and easy to customize, and the polished user interface provides easy access to the most important options…”
See why millions prefer UltraEdit as their Unix Script Editor of choice!
- Syntax highlighting – includes code folding
- Supports editing of large (4GB+) files
- Column/Block mode editing
- FTP client with multiple account settings and automatic logon and save.
- Includes support for SFTP and FTPS (Control only, Control and data, Implicit)
- Ability to set a remote (server based) or local (Perl regex based) filter (provides filtering ability for SFTP)
- Advanced proxy support
- Advanced SSL certificate handling
- Set local default directory for each FTP account
- Find matching braces (Ctrl + B)
- Project/Workspace support
- Ctags support*:
- Project-specific Ctag file with option to create automatically when opened
- Configurable parameters and tag file for use outside of projects
- “Find Symbol” (F11) command will locate symbol in Ctag file of selected item or item under cursor and position it in appropriate file
- *Requires the use of third party Ctag .exe for tag file generation (links provided)
- CSS style builder
- HTML preview